Messaging Tiers in WhatsApp API
Messaging limits determine how many unique users your business can send messages to, in a rolling 24 hour time period. A couple of important things to note:
- The messaging limit does NOT limit the number of messages your business can send, just the number of users you are trying to message.
- It also does NOT apply to messages sent in response to a user-initiated message within a 24-hour period.
When you start an account, you are, by default, eligible to send such notification or template messages to 1000 Unique numbers in a rolling 24 hour period. This is Tier 1 status given to your account and refer here to learn more on how to get your Tiers upgraded.
There are 4 such Tiers:-
- Tier 1 - You can send messages to 1K unique numbers in a rolling 24 hour period
- Tier 2 - You can send messages to 10K unique numbers in a rolling 24 hour period
- Tier 3 - You can send messages to 100K unique numbers in a rolling 24 hour period
- Tier 4 - technically no limits, however, your message sending volume is limited by the SLAs (service level agreements, or the speed at which messages can be sent out
For example if your provider gives a speed of 5 messages per second in your SLA, then you can send 432,000 messages in a day.