How to Create a Template with a Button - Dynamic Link
Learn how to add dynamic links in the CTA button.
If you want to send a template message with an order tracking link to a customer, you can do it by using a template with a CTA button and a dynamic link. Each user is directed to a separate tracking link when using a dynamic link.
To do this:
1. Go to Apps on the top bar.
2. Select Templates.
3. Click on New Template.
4. Fill in all the required details here.
5. Next, Select CTA Buttons.
6. Click on dropdown to select the Dynamic Link. (In our case, we selected “dynamic link: Extension only”.)
Note: We have 2 dynamic link options - Difference between Any link and Extension only)
Any link: It is used only for CTA buttons in flows, like an abandoned cart or cod to prepaid, it will have different unique links for unique customers, and we can use it in flows to give links in the CTA button.
Extension only: It means a dynamic link with a different landing page, Example: To track orders (where the unique order tracking landing page is different)
7. Paste the dynamic link here.
Note: The variable at the end will take the unique tracking id for each customer.
Remember that you will see the tracking number at the end of the search bar.
8. You can type a button name here, then click on Next step. (In our example, we name the button as “Track order”)
9. Now, fill in all the details inside the variables here.
10. Click on Advanced options, then add the unique tracking number here. (In our example, we will mention one of the unique tracking numbers here.)
11. Lastly, click on Send for review to submit the template for review.
Note: Whatsapp typically takes upto 48 hours to review and approve the template. Keep an eye on template reviews on the dashboard.
Keywords: CTA button, Dynamic link, Website URL, Order tracking link, Separate link, Button template.