How to Set up an Away Message
Learn how to set up automated away messages on the Zoko dashboard.
An automated away message is a pre-written message sent to a customer when they contact your business outside your business hours. This can be a helpful way to let customers know that you are currently closed and to give them information about when you will be available again. For example, if a customer sends you a message after your business hours, you could set up an automated away message that says something like:
“Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, we are currently closed and will not be able to respond to your message until we reopen on Monday.”
Important note: This message will be triggered only once in 4 hours.
To do this:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click on Greeting and Away Messages on the left panel.
3. Set the Business working hours.
- Set up the working hours for your business, specify your time range by clicking on the clock icon, and turn on your business's working days by clicking on the toggle switch. In our example, our business is open from 10 AM to 6 PM Monday to Friday, so we designated Monday to Friday as working days and set the time range to 10:00 AM. to 6:00 PM.
If your business is non-operational, you can turn off working days. In our example, our business is closed on weekends, i.e. Saturday and Sunday, and the working days for those days are turned off, thus an away message will be triggered when customers reach out during those times.
- Select the timezone for your business's location. This will ensure that the automated messages are sent at the correct times, based on the business's local time. In our example, our business is located in the United States, so our timezone will be (GMT-04:00) US/Eastern.
4. Turn on the Away Message by clicking on the toggle switch.
5. Type here the provided text in the text box.
Once you have completed the setup of your automated greeting message, it is a good idea to test them to ensure that they are functioning properly.
If you want to enable an automated Greeting message, please refer to our article on How to Set up a Greeting Message for instructions.
Keywords: Away message, Automated message, Business hours.